In the present scenario, Australia has emerged as one of the major student migration countries. Each year students from different parts of the world pack their bags to migrate to Australia to secure a prosperous career. So if you are a student planning for the same, it’s better to start with the student visa Australia process at the earliest to ensure a timely receiving of the visa.
Procuring an Australian student visa is quite a lengthy process where each step is intricate and must be done with utmost concentration. If at any point you feel like the visa process is too overwhelming for you or you need any assistance, then look out for migration agent Australia, who will guide you through the process.
If you are an option for a short-duration program in Australia, you can easily procure a tourist visa and fly off. However, if your course is for a long duration, then you definitely need a student visa. You can study and stay in Australia for 16 weeks with a tourist visa.
Brief Step-Wise Procedure for a Student Visa in Australia:
For extended university programs, you should apply for a student visa by following the steps beneath:
1. Apply to a school or university of choice to acquire a CoE.
2. Then, create your account with the immigration authorities of Australia.
3. Ensure that you have all the required digital design reports.
4. Complete the visa application via online medium.
5. Deposit the fee for the visa, and then you will receive your TRN-number
6. Apply and appear for the medical tests and interview.
7. After all these proceedings are done from your end, you will receive your visa decision via email.
8. If the decision is positive, you can go to Australia.
Now that you know all the steps involved in a student visa Australia, read further to understand each step in detail.
A step-wise guide to the Australian Student Visa Process:
- Apply to any institution of choice in Australia and get a CoE. Before you can apply for a student visa to Australia, you should be enlisted at an Australian school. After receiving the acceptance letter from the school, acknowledge the proposal recorded as a hard copy and pay their educational fee. Upon paying, the school will send you a CoE. CoE is the Enrolment confirmation, and starting your visa application will be compulsory.
- After receiving the CoE from your institution, go ahead and create an account with the immigration authorities of Australia. You will be required to enroll with all your details, including your contact number and mail id. Sing up with your password and accept their policies to proceed.
1- Ensure that you have all required documents in digital form. To apply for a student visa to Australia, you will require these documents:
2- Your CoE
3- An OSHC medical coverage
4- Your passport is valid for the entire duration of your Australia endeavor
5- IRLTS result
6- Birth Certificate
7- Bank records
8- Temporary residency proof in terms of Australia. This is required to fortify that you only desire to shift to Australia temporarily. Here your acceptance letter counts.
These are some of the basic documents that are demanded. Other than these, some additional documents may be required. To get better in-depth guidance regarding visa documents, take guidance from a migration agent in Australia.
- Complete the visa application on the web. You ought to apply for a student visa subclass 500. The application can be made at the earliest 124 days before your course begins, as directed by the date on your CoE. Carefully complete the application procedure and be specific to avoid making any mistakes.
- Pay the visa fee to acquire the TRN number. When you have finished the application, you ought to pay the application charge, which currently is 575 AUD. Save the TRN number, which is the Transaction Reference Number. The TRN will be used to check your application status. For assistance, take help from migration agent Australia.
- After the payment is successful, appear for the medical checkup, followed up by an interview. Get this medical procedure done by a doctor approved by Australian standards.
- Now you are waiting for the visa. You can check the status of the visa through the immigration website. You will receive a visa confirmation mail, so print its hard copy for physical proof.
With this confirmation, your visa procedure end, and now you are free to go to Australia and pursue your studies. Once your course is completed, you can stay for 30 days or even 60 days in case of longer courses.
Australia often provides its immigrant students with job opportunities. If that happens for you and you want to prolong your stay in Australia, adjust and update the visa lawfully. The steps for that will likewise be instructed to you by your migration agent in Australia. Just remember to follow immigration laws.