No doubt, Gmail is the backbone of emailing services around the world, and most of our official work relies on receiving or sending emails via Gmail account. With its easy user interface, it becomes the most popular emailing platform and people can easily access it. Being the most popular app doesn’t mean that it is free from bugs and errors. A number of Gmail users have reported not getting gmail notifications on their Android as well as IOS devices and It might be quite frustrating as some important emails missed out to check. This issue might be faced with
Facing the issue of Gmail stopping sending notifications is not avoidable at all and you need to recover it quickly.
So, before moving to troubleshooting the Gmail notifications not working issue; we need to have a glance at the reasons behind this.
Why is Gmail Notifications Not Working?
Gmail is a free email service provided by Google. In 2019, it has 1.5 billion active users worldwide. A user usually accesses Gmail from the official web browser or mobile application. We should know what can be the main reason behind Gmail notifications not working issue.
Let’s have a look
- Make sure, your Gmail notification settings are turned on, if it will be turned off, you might not get email notifications.
- Gmail can not receive notifications if the app has not the permission on your phone to receive notifications. So, turn on the permission of receiving email notifications on your device.
- Ensure that, the settings of your device are not set to “Do not Disturb”, if so, then gmail might be unable to receive notifications.
- Turning on the power saving mode may be responsible for not getting gmail notifications, as it may disable many features to reduce battery consumption on your smartphone.
- An outdated version of the Gmail app may hinder receiving gmail notifications.
- Poor internet connection may be the culprit behind the issue gmail notifications not working on iPhones.
How to Resolve Gmail Notification Not working Issue.
Without any further delay let’s get straight to fixing the issue.
- First, make sure your phone’s system notifications settings are turned on, if not, do it right now to get Gmail notifications on your Android phone.
- You need to grant all the permissions to Gmail app, from the permission control section on your phone.
- An obsolete version of the Gmail app may not be working properly, so, you need to upgrade the Gmail app on your Phone.
- You can log out from your Gmail app and log in again, you may be able to get Gmail notifications.
- Restart your phone, sometimes smaller bugs may be removed by just restarting your phone.
- To resolve the Gmail notifications not working issue, uninstall the Gmail app from your phone and reinstall it again, and the issue will get resolved.
- Delete all the old caches and cookies from your browser, as it may hinder receiving notifications on your Gmail app.
We have provided you with some working and simple ways to troubleshoot not getting gmail notifications issue in this post. If all the ways are not working to resolve the issue, don’t hesitate to contact the Gmail support team at Google
If you need any other information related to other emails you must visit the official website of Emailspedia.com once.
Also Recommended- https://technologistes.com/fix-call-failed-iphone/