Do you get excited at the sight of an e-bike? Well, you should be! If you have a board, you can easily transform it into an e-bike. But since these come expensive, it might be out of your league unless you have a hoverboard at home.
You can achieve the impossible with the right tools, knowledge, and hard work! Sounds exciting. But is it possible?
How to Convert a Hoverboard into an E-bike?
Converting a hoverboard into an e-bike may be more challenging than you think. So, if you have beginner’s knowledge in managing stuff like this, go ahead with the deal or take your scooter to an expert for the conversion.
Thus, here is what you need to do:
- Add a handlebar and pedals
A handlebar and pedals must be added to the hoverboard to allow for steering and pedaling. Check the model and size of your hoverboard UK so you can bring the right-sized handles and pedals, or else the wrong ones will fit wrong.
- Modify the electronics
The existing electronics need to be modified to support the handlebar and pedals, including adding a controller and brake system. You should cut the old connection and make new ones. If you are good at it, continue doing so or call in an expert for help.
- Install a battery pack.
An additional battery pack may need to be installed to power the bike. Compared to a simple hoverboard, an e-bike needs more battery power to run, so adding an extra one to your convertible might be helpful.
- Add safety features
Safety features, such as lights and reflectors, may need to be added to meet regulations and standards for use as a bicycle.
Before you get excited to make the changes, acquiring technical skills and knowledge is important. Because if not done properly, it can present safety risks and may not meet regulations and standards for use as a bicycle.
Why Should You Convert Your Hoverboard into an E-bike?
Since only some are at the luxury to buy e-bikes, they should convert their hoverboard into one, which can help save resources without compromising on the fun. If you still haven’t given it a thought, here is why you need to do it:
- Increased versatility: An e-bike conversion allows the hoverboard to be used in various environments and terrains. You can ride it on rugged terrains and straight roads without the fear of falling.
- Improved range: With the addition of another battery to the pack for conversion, the range of the hoverboard-e-bike can be increased, allowing for longer rides without a hassle.
- Better control: The handlebar and pedals give the rider greater control and stability than a hoverboard. Plus, it also makes it much safe to use even for kids and adults who are new to the idea of riding it.
- Cost savings: An e-bike conversion can be a cost-effective alternative to purchasing a separate e-bike since it can be quite costly, while the conversion might require you to spend only a few pounds.
But before you dive into the fun conversion, ensure you have the right skill set to make it possible. Or prepare yourself for it through videos on the internet or seek professional help from the experts at SegboTM.
And if you are still getting ready for the transformation, get in touch with SegboTM to explore their wide range of e-bikes that are now available at highly affordable prices. Plus, these come with a warranty, so you wouldn’t have to worry about the repairs and more.